DAY 32 - THE LAST SESSION

DAY 32 - 15th JULY 2015

TRAINING - SHOULDERS & CARDIO

WEIGHTS DURATION: 54mins                    CARDIO DURATION: 60mins

I can't believe it; it's the last session.. WE'VE DONE IT! A lot of different emotions flying about; Im buzzing to be finished, but I still feel that I could go a bit more or could have done a bit more. All will be posted in the findings so make sure you check it out. 

The very last session of our 32 day cut is Shoulders and what a way to go out. I had a few goodbyes to say last night to some dear friends who I won't be seeing for a long time so there was cause for celebration, therefore we went out for dinner and probably had a couple too many JD & Cokes. No hangover was going to stop me getting to the gym this morning though, as I looked to smash it one last time before I fly home for my mums wedding. 





THE WORKOUT

As I have been doing in the last few days is trying to make sure whatever muscle I'm working out, we do all of it opposed to concentrating on one specific area. Today was no different as we looked to finish as strong as possible. One new exercise to throw in there which was brilliant.

EXERCISE ONE

MACHINE SHOULDER PRESS - 8 SETS - 15 REPS

 

Keeping my hands in the same position, I was looking to get a good endurance shift for this exercise so I started fairly light and increased the weight by 9kg (one brick) every other set. Fairly happy I did it this way as the first couple of sets were more of a warmup than an actual workout.












EXERCISE TWO


SUPERSET; HALF SHOULDER FLIES & SHOULDER FILES - 4 SETS

Complete exercise and then to complete one set.


EXERCISE A - HALF SHOULDER FLIES - 15 REPS

 

A new exercise to bring you on the very last day as suggested by my training partner Aziz. Such a brilliant exercise that I really felt in the mid-upper part of the shoulder and also in the traps. Keep the arms at around 90 degrees and bring the elbows up. Take your weight up quite alot compared to a normal fly.










EXERCISE B - SHOULDER FLIES - 15 REPS

 

Back to the more orthodox exercise to complete this superset. After mixing then with the half shoulder flies, I dropped the weight and did 15 reps of normal flies. An ever present in the 32 day cut, doing shoulder flies on day 23day 17day 11 and day 5.












EXERCISE THREE

STRAIGHT ARM EZ BAR RAISE - 4 SETS 15 REPS


We haven't done this since day 5 and I would take a wild guess at the fact that I find it incredibly hard, even with no added weight to the EZ bar. In the same way on day 5, look to bring the bar up to just above eye level and when going back down, don't rest on your legs; look to stay about 2 inches off them.










EXERCISE FOUR

REAR DELTOID CABLE FLIES - 4 SETS 15 REPS



In the last few sessions I've done my rear deltoids with the bent over fly, so for variations sake I did them on cables today. Look to replicate the same form as you do when doing the bent over fly but I like to keep my arms a little straighter.











EXERCISE FIVE

UPRIGHT ROW - 4 SETS 15 REPS



Well, well, well... The last exercise of this emotional journey! I finished the session with the upright row to look to finally work a bit of the traps and the top of the shoulder. The exercise isn't sentimental to me whatsoever, I just felt I wanted to work the traps! In saying that, maybe its sentimental value has gone up a bit!











THE CARDIO

I live to regret this one; although being slightly hungover getting in the gym at 8am, I knew I wanted to get in 60 minutes cardio due to the heavy night the night before and the fact I feel like I've slacked a bit on cardio with this problem I've been having with my right hamstring. However, after finished a fairly relaxed weights session, I went into full forest gump mode and managed to smash out 60 minutes. I'm not gonna lie, my hamstring might as well completely tare and I'd probably still be in the same amount of pain. That one is for you people!



THE DIET

Meal 1
Meal 3 - The lease appetising meal ever!
  • 1 Boiled egg (no Yolk)
  • 1 Small bowl of Fitness Cereal
Meal 2
  • 1 Tin of tuna
  • 1 Bagel

Meal 3
  • 1 Tin of tuna
  • 2 Boiled Eggs
  • 2 Rice cakes
Meal 4
  • 5 Chicken skewers
  • 100g Rice
  • Salad
FINAL THOUGHTS

I wasn't overly impressed with the weights session today, but I think that the hangover combined with sheer excitement to fly home may have got the better of me. Whilst I feel the weights session wasn't great, I was really happy to bow out with 60 minutes cardio, despite the amount of pain it caused! 

I can't believe that this is it; the end! Its been such a good experience doing something like this, don't get me wrong, bloody hard, but good. Make sure you check out the findings due to come up in the next couple of days. 

Its been emotional

Good bye
W1 D4. DAY 4 OVERALL

W3 D4. DAY 18 OVERALL


W2 D4. DAY 11 OVERALL

W4 D4. DAY 25 OVERALL

W5 D4. DAY 32 OVERALL



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

INSTAGRAM FEED

Popular Posts

Twitter Updates