DAY 26 - MY ARMS ARE DEAD

DAY 26 - 9th JULY 2015

TRAINING - DEADLIFTS, ARMS & CARDIO

WEIGHTS DURATION: 53mins                    CARDIO DURATION: 30mins

I have to admit, my legs are feeling ever so tired. Not sure whether this is due to the workout I did 2 days ago or because I've upped the cardio amount. Anyway, today I wanted to try and do a bit of dead lifting and a couple of exercises on both my biceps and triceps ahead of a back session tomorrow. As I said, my legs are feeling rather heavy and my hamstrings are included in that; sometimes when I dead lift, it can loosen them up so hopefully they'll feel a bit better tomorrow.

The day started with the usual 20 minutes on the ab plate accompanied by a rather sensational breakfast and the film 13 going on 30!



THE WORKOUT

As well as wanting to try and loosen off the hamstrings, I'm still looking to get rid of those ever present love handles which are going, but far too slowly for my liking! Including todays session, we only have 7 left so it's time to concentrate on the bits I'm not happy with and try and look to keep everything ticking along in the process. In terms of my arms, I want to keep them at the same size now and just look to maintain, so nothing too strenuous on either the biceps or triceps.

EXERCISE ONE

DEAD LIFTS - 10 SETS - 15 REPS


 No doubt about it, dead lifts will help change the whole of your core if you do it enough, something of which I probably haven't. Make sure when you're dead lifting that you are comfortable with the weight, if you get your technique wrong and bend that back you can do serious damage to both your back and your hamstrings. In saying that, I wanted to try and do a little heavier than I normally would in a last ditch attempt to nail the love handles.

Set 1-3 50kg 15 reps
Set 4-6 70kg 15 reps
Set 7-10 80kg 15 reps 








EXERCISE TWO

EZ BAR CURLS - 5 SETS - 15 REPS

I did the seated version of this exercise on day 20 and used the close grip. Today was standing and a normal grip as we look to work the bicep in a different way. I didn't go heavy atall again, and concentrated on doing full, slow reps.




EXERCISE THREE


TRIANGLE HANDS TRICEP PULLDOWN - 5 SETS - 20 REPS

 
I think this is my new favourite tricep exercise! Ive been dying to do it again since last doing my triceps on day 19. Although the picture on the right is terrible because it wasn't taken when I was fully extended, when you are, it feels great and you can really feel it work the inner part of the tricep. 

Last time I did 5 sets 15 reps, this time I took the weight down ever so slightly and looked to push on for 5 sets of 20.









EXERCISE FOUR


CONCENTRATION CURLS - 5 SETS - 10 REPS EACH ARM

I thought I should try and work in the concentration curls as I haven't done them since day 12. I was happy however to be able to put the weight up slightly and get in an extra set on top of what I did on day 12. Todays 5 sets of 10 E.A was better than 4 sets of 10 E.A the last time I did this classic exercise.


EXERCISE FIVE

OVERHEAD CABLE TRICEP EXTENSION - 5 SETS - 20 REPS

 

 Another classic exercise makes it debut in the 33 day cut. Everyone say hi! Its a great exercise to work the tricep fully. I think people often try and do too much weight on this exercise and therefore keep their hands narrow (like in the pic on the left) opposed to starting narrow and making sure you come as wide as possible at the end of the rep. This way, I find it works the tricep far better.










THE CARDIO

To be honest, I don't think I would have done cardio today if I wasn't in the last week of training; my legs are too painful and heavy to try and get any kind of decent cardio stint done. However, I did reach an agreement with myself that I'd aim to burn 500 calories on the cross trainer, regardless of how long it took. I knew that it would be in the region of the 30 minutes mark but wasn't exactly sure as I knew I wouldn't be going at my normal pace. Either way, its another 500 calories done and I'm happy I did that and no more - I don't want to be too tired as the training is getting harder as we look to finish the program in the strongest way possible.





THE DIET
Meal 1
A Breakfast of Champions
  • 1 Small Bowl Fitness Cereal
  • 4 Scrambled eggs (1 yolk)
  • 1 Glass of fresh Grapefruit Juice
  • 1 Coffee
  • 1 Apple
  • 7 Raspberries
  • 2 Rice Cakes
Meal 2
  • 1 Tin of Tuna
  • 3 Boiled Eggs (no Yolks)
  • 2 Rice Cakes
  • 1 Apple
  • 10 Cashews
Meal 3
  • 4 Chicken Skewers
  • 100g Broccoli 
  • 50g Rice
Meal 4
  • 1 Large bowl of Cheerios
  • 4 Oreos
  • 1/2 a tub of Hagen dazs. 
FINAL THOUGHTS

W1 D5. DAY 5 OVERALL

W3 D5. DAY 19 OVERALL

All in all, probably a bit of a rest day today - not a copious amount of weights or cardio, but an effective session none the less. I'm glad that I managed to get 30 mins cardio done but I'm also happy that I didn't too more. I think its really important to not overtrain and if you do, you won't get your results as fast. A fresher you is normally a stronger you.

Updating this 24 hours later, the whole day has been fucked by the Hagen Dazs relapse. Im sorry :(

Bonne journée

W2 D5. DAY 12 OVERALL




W4 D5. DAY 26 OVERALL


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

INSTAGRAM FEED

Popular Posts

Twitter Updates