THE AIM

T  H  E         A  I  M



Its my mums wedding on July 26th and I'm due to be flying back to the UK on the 16th July. The aim, therefore is incredibly simple; 

GET AS RIPPED AS POSSIBLE IN THE TIME GIVEN

Generally speaking, I'm a fit guy that goes to the gym when I can but by no means do I obsess over it. I'll admit, I hibernate over winter and embrace the festive season and all things that come with it; beer, food, more beer and more food. Once the clocks change and the days get a little warmer and lighter for longer, I look at trying to get back into the gym so I'm not mistaken for a whale when on the beach during the summer months. 

Taking a general interest in exercise, I'm subject to a light read of most Mens Health magazines. The one thing that drives me absolutely nuts is that as much as these writers try, I always find it hard to relate to. I want to know what the hard bits were, what was easiest? What was your favourite bit and why? Can you substitute that ropey bit of salmon for something else? A million questions that a magazine doesn't answer. These articles often leave me feeling more lost about how to achieve what I want than when I first started. 

I need to make it clear that I am not a personal trainer. I'm not going to sit here, try and lie to you and explain why one exercise will work a particular muscle in one way and another exercise in a different way. When I read these articles, the most powerful bits for me are the before and after photos - a visual that we can all relate to opposed to being spoon-fed scientific jargon that none of us really understand.

One thing I will say is that I don't concentrate on how much I can lift. I think a lot of people in gyms can be subject to trying to win the 'alpha' title which goes by the method of 'bigger/heavier is better'. I don't think this could be any further from the truth - do what you can do. You'll know when something is working and even if it is working, be willing to change it up - there might be another technique/exercise that works better for you.

From personal experience, I think its important to not get stuck in the same routine, working the same exercises for the relevant muscles groups every time you do work out. I'm looking to offer a different session every time to keep the body working in all kinds of weird and wonderful ways.

So, I guess this blog offers you one way to reach your target, if your target is getting ripped that is. The beauty of it is that you can take as little/as much as you want from this blog, even if you're bored of your workout and want one single exercise to freshen it up, give one of mine a crack. Everyone has their own favourite exercises and what works for me might not necessarily work for you, so if you do try this regime, I ask you to persevere with it and keep chugging alone.

Share your thoughts and views, I'm keen to hear what you have to say!



Last Years 1st Day of Training
Last Years last day of Training




This was last years before and after photos after training 5/6 times a week for a solid 10 weeks. If I can replicate this, I'd be one happy camper.



And yes, I am in a lift. How embarrassing. 











0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

INSTAGRAM FEED

Popular Posts

Twitter Updates