DAY 31 - I'LL BE BACK

DAY 31 - 14th JULY 2015

TRAINING - BACK & CARDIO

WEIGHTS DURATION: 68mins                    CARDIO DURATION: 30mins

Well, after yesterdays ab session, I cant laugh, sneeze or do most normal bodily functions in general; I guess it was a good workout for the abs! Today we have our last back session and like the last two days, I'll look to work all things back including the middle and upper parts and throw in some lats. I am still struggling massively with my right hamstring so I might have to give lower back a miss.

Because of the amount of pain my abs are in, I didn't do anything on the ab plate this morning. 





THE WORKOUT

I think that my back and particularly my lats have been one of the muscles groups that have developed the most over the program which I'm very happy about. If I could have changed one thing, it would have been that I wish I did a little more to develop my lower back - I am always cautious of doing too much which is fine, but in hindsight I think I could have done a bit more. 

To give the back a good old workout one last time, I'm going to look to give every exercise 6 sets.

EXERCISE ONE

STRAIGHT ARM BAR PULL DOWN - 6 SETS - 20 REPS

 

An exercise that I stole from Day 11's workout. It's a variation of the bent over rope lat pull that I've done alot of. Today I felt this exercise really work the upper lats and was happy that I did it this way opposed to the rope to get a little bit more variation in.












EXERCISE TWO

BENT OVER EZ BAR ROW - 6 SETS - 10-15 REPS

I did this exercise all the way back when it started on Day 1 but with the olympic bar and subsequently had much wider hands. Today I wanted them to be much more narrow making the EZ the bar to do it with. I played around with the weight on this exercise;

Set 1 - 47.5kg 15 reps
Set 2 - 67.5kg 15 reps
Set 3 - 87.5kg 10 reps
Set 4 - 87.5kg 10 reps
Set 5 - 87.5kg 10 reps
Set 6 - 67.5kg 12 reps

I looked to do this exercise in a really slow controlled manor. I found towards the end of set 5 that I was leaning up meaning my form wasn't perfect and the weight was probably too heavy, hence dropping on set 6.



EXERCISE THREE

NARROW OVERHAND PULL UPS - 6 SETS - 5-8 REPS

Because I normally do the wide grip pull-ups when doing back, I thought I'd give the narrow overhand a go to change it up. The most beneficial part of this exercise is when your at the top of the pullup so if you're struggling, just get your partner to give your legs a tiny helping hand - that help will work the lats 10 times better than if you tried doing it all yourself.


EXERCISE FOUR

BENT OVER DUMBBELL ROW - 6 SETS - 10-15 REPS

 

An exercise that we did on Day 22 and pretty much the two handed version of of the one arm row which we did in our last back session on Day 27. In a similar way to Exercise 2, look to try and keep the back straight and try your best to not come up when bringing the weights up. If you find yourself doing it too much, then probably look to take the weight down.










EXERCISE FIVE

DROP SET LAT PULL DOWN & REVERSE LAT PULL DOWN - 1 SET & 1 SET - 50 & 15 REPS

 
 A new way of getting in the last back exercise of the 33 day cut: Its just one set of each both normal and reverse pull down with a little twist, not literally though. Heres what I did

Take 1 - 10 reps - brick 15
Take 2 - 10 reps - brick 13
Take 3 - 10 reps - brick 11
Take 4 - 10 reps - brick 9
Take 5 - 10 reps - brick 7

All of the above with 5 seconds rest upon completing each take. All 5 takes makes 1 set.




 

To finish up, I flipped around into the reverse position and because the set before had really taken it out of me, I only did 1 set of 15 reps. Lats, dead!













THE CARDIO

Whilst I still don't know what the bloody hell is wrong with my hamstring, it still wasn't playing ball which forced me to consider not doing any cardio atall. I soon thought better of it and did a 30 minute chilled bike ride. Better than nothing and I don't feel like I've done any further damage.


THE DIET

Nothing quite like waking up in the morning after rocking in from work at 11pm the previous night and heading straight to bed, only to find to find no milk and no eggs in the morning. Cheers girlfriend! She got a stern word! However, stern words still meant no eggs or milk so breakfast wasn't the cleanest ever.

Meal 1
  • 2 Lousy pieces of brown toast with organic peanut butter
  • 1 Coffee
Meal 2
Part of meal 4
  • 200g Chicken
  • 10 Almonds
Meal 3
  • 4 Chicken Skewers
  • 1 Large Salad
  • 50g Rice
  • Hummus
Meal 4
  • 3 x 100g Fillet Steak
  • 50g Asparagus
  • 100g Veg
W1 D3. DAY 3 OVERALL

W3 D3. DAY 17 OVERALL

FINAL THOUGHTS

Yet another emotional day as we finished our last back session. As I said, I've really enjoyed the progress I feel that my back has made. A shame I haven't got in more lower back stuff but not the end of the world. At least now I have a reason to make a comeback after the holidays and who knows, maybe I'll even blog about it again.

Tot Ziens

W2 D3. DAY 10 OVERALL


W4 D3. DAY 24 OVERALL

W5 D3. DAY 31 OVERALL



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

INSTAGRAM FEED

Popular Posts

Twitter Updates