DAY 20 - THE SECOND ARMENDMENT

DAY 20 - 3rd JULY 2015

TRAINING - BICEPS & CARDIO

WEIGHTS DURATION: 37mins                    CARDIO DURATION: 20mins

Time to do a little bit of arms again. As its friday, it's normally the day I like to take things a little easier and not kill myself. If you like, it's basically the rest day; my partner doesn't train on a friday so I don't have anyone to compete with and no one screaming at me for one more rep.

I got 20 minutes on the ab plate this morning which felt incredibly sore, I'm not sure whether its because I've don't a fair bit on my abs recently or whether it was because I wasn't watching anything on TV. Any who, 20 minutes is all I managed to get out.




THE WORKOUT

Just because I didn't have anyone screaming at me at all points, didn't mean I wasn't going to be taking it all that easy. 5 simple and effective exercises to get them pumped, all at a high intensity. Followed by a little bit of cardio before hitting the sun loungers. A scorching 46 degrees here today, so I don't want any more of your spiel about Britain's 'heatwave'.

EXERCISE ONE

CLOSE GRIP PULL-UPS - 4 SETS - 8-15 REPS

 
Recently, when I've been doing pull ups they've always been when doing a back session and therefore widegirp opposed to close grip which I used today.

Close grip will still work most muscles in the body but will give the arms a more effective workout than if you were to do them wide grip

I put down 8 reps, see how many you can do but try and replicate however many reps you did in the first set, in sets 2, 3 and 4. Bare in mind that its taken me AGES to build up to even being able to do 4 sets of 8.







EXERCISE TWO

CLOSE GRIP EZ BAR FULL CURLS - 4 SETS - 15 REPS


Another close grip exercise to continue the trend. From the photos, I should have tried to keep my elbows a little more tucked in.

A debutant exercise for the 33 day cut. Normally I would do a little heavier and less reps, but I wanted to concentrate on perfect form. Make sure when you go down, you don't manipulate your back to get it back up, and don't go all the way down to a fully extended arm, you can injure yourself if you do.
EXERCISE THREE

HAMMER CURLS - 3 SETS - 15 REPS EACH ARM

 
Another debutant. I use the bench in the same was as if I was doing an incline chest exercise. The clue is in the title; your form should replicate the motion of using a hammer. Again, come up all the way up but don't stress too much about fully extending the arm at the bottom as again, you may cause yourself an injury.











EXERCISE FOUR


STANDING CURLS - 3 SETS - 12 REPS EACH ARM

 
It can't get much easier in terms of an exercise to do. Its the classic action someone makes when they ask, 'Do you go to the gym?'

Starting with your weights either side of you, resting on your hips, look to bring the weight up over the duration of 3 seconds and down again over the same amount of time. This time, start from a fully extended arm. To make sure I keep my arm as straight as possible, I'll tense my tricep before I start - that normally straightens the arm out. The weight doesn't have to be heavy, you're concentrating on form and a fully extended arm. If its too heavy you'll injure yourself.

EXERCISE FIVE

OPPOSITE CABLE CURLS - 4 SETS - 15 REPS EACH ARM




A similar exercise to the one we just did, but in its cable form. Concentrate on starting with a straight arm and then look to curl in. I didn't count how long I was bringing the weight up, but I was holding it for 2 seconds at the top.

Again, no need to go heavy as your working from a straight arm to start off with.










THE CARDIO

As I said, friday is the day that I allow myself to take it a little easier than normal and I knew I wanted to get some sun in before I went to work. So, a short but intense 20 minutes was all I needed today. I must admit, it was a little bit of a struggle today! None the less, I powered through and stuck to the 16min kilometre. 


THE DIET

I managed to have an absolute champion of breakfasts this morning! I'm currently writing this post at the end of meal 2 and I'm out for dinner tonight so Im not sure whats going to be on offer. Improvisation might be on the cards!


Meal 1

  • 1 Small bowl Fitness Cereal
  • 4 Scrambled eggs (1 Yolk)
  • 3 Rice cakes, 1 with organic peanut butter
  • 1 Coffee
  • 1 Apple
  • 1/4 of a Chicken
Meal 2
  • 1/2 a Chicken
  • 20 Almonds
  • 1 Apple

FINAL THOUGHTS

A great way session as we look to start wrapping up week 3. By far the most concentrated session on my biceps as I've normally linked them in with another body group. I did and generally do find that my arms always feel so pumped after not really doing that much. Any Ideas?

Godspeed!

W1 D6 - DAY 6 OVERALL

W2 D6 - DAY 13 OVERALL


W3 D6 - DAY 20 OVERALL






0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

INSTAGRAM FEED

Popular Posts

Twitter Updates