DAY 4 - AB-SOLUTELY WORST IDEA EVER

DAY 4 - 17th JUNE 2015

TRAINING - ABS & CARDIO

WEIGHTS DURATION: 40mins                    CARDIO DURATION: 30mins

After yesterdays confession of having one too many beers the night previous, today was a REAL struggle. I genuinely have no idea why I agreed to doing abs and cardio when in such a hungover state. But, a challenge is a challenge so I thought I better stick to it! Probably not surprisingly, I didn't do my 30 mins on the ab plate pre-workout. Shock.






THE WORKOUT

I wanted to try and concentrate on all parts of the abs which I think I managed to do in 4 exercises.

ABS CIRCUIT TRAINING - 4 SETS

Complete circuit A, then B, then C, then D to complete one set.

EXERCISE A

LEG DIPS - 25 REPS




This exercise will concentrate mainly on your lower abs and groin lines. I find it more beneficial to keep your legs as straight as possible and tighten your abs as you come up, thrusting yourself up at the end which will also give the upper abs a good seeing to.
EXERCISE B

SIDE LEG RAISES - 25 REPS EACH SIDE




A great one for the love handles, obliques and groin lines again. Concentrate on getting a full swinging motion aiming to bring your heels as far up as possible whilst trying to keep your shoulders square on.



EXERCISE C

WEIGHTED SITUP MACHINE - 25 REPS




A self explanatory exercise - good to do it with weights and a variation from a standard sit up. This machine is great for the upper abs.








EXERCISE D

WEIGHTED SIDE-UPS - 25 EACH SIDE




Using the lower back apparatus, I came up with this exercise that looks after and works out on all things side of you; obliques, love handles, the finer muscles joining up the abs and the obliques. I like to try and add a bit of weight in there but I remember how much I struggled without weight when I first started doing the exercise, so don't kill yourself.

THE CARDIO

I managed to get in a 30 minute cycle which felt like an absolute lifetime but I got there in the end. I averaged about 17-18kmph which is fairly steady. All I can say is, thank god thats over! Time to head to work and struggle some more with this hangover!






THE DIET

Unsurprisingly, my diet today wasn't as clean as it has been in the last few days due to the hangover. But it wasn't as bad as it could have been, I suppose.


Meal 1
  • 1 Large bowl of 'Fitness' cereal with skimmed milk
  • 1 Protein shake

Meal 2
MEAL 2
  • 250g Grilled Steak
  • 100g Veg
  • 100g Rice
Meal 3
  • 250g White Fish
  • 50g Veg
Meal 4
  • 150g White fish
  • 100g Veg

Snacks
  • 1 Apple
  • 1 Protein Shake
  • 15 Almonds


FINAL THOUGHTS

After a great day yesterday tainted by going out at beers o'clock, today wasn't too bad a recovery. I mean, it was horrific, but not too bad in the sense that I could have potentially fallen off the band wagon all together but didn't. Onwards and upwards and please keep the Caronas away, screw you hangover, I win! Kind of.

Any horror stories from you're hungover workout sessions? What do you find the most beneficial abs exercise? Let me know!


Thank god thats all over, roll on tomorrow! Toodles!


DAY 4





0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

INSTAGRAM FEED

Popular Posts

Twitter Updates