DAY 24 - LEGS ON TOAST

DAY 24 - 7th JULY 2015

TRAINING - LEGS & CARDIO

WEIGHTS DURATION: 49mins                    CARDIO DURATION: 40mins

Time for another leg session and thankfully, I still haven't relapsed on the diet since cheating a couple of days ago. In fact, yesterday was a really good day diet wise and a good session to go along with it. Having had a suit made for my mums wedding which is what I'm training for, I need to be careful that I don't do too much on the legs and when I do I need to make sure that I don't go too heavy as the trousers are already very tight and more size to the quads/bum is not welcome. So I want to concentrate on reps and toning.

One thing, I did feel pretty tired this morning, despite having a solid 9 hours kip; I think that the accumulation of training and working without a day off in 30 odd days is still catching up with my body. Therefore, I didn't do my ab plate this morning, although I might try and get some in when I get home tonight.




THE WORKOUT

Because I don't want any more size on the old tree trunks, todays session will again be light weighted and I'll be concentrating on perfect form on all exercises. I'll look to do a bit of everything; quads, glutes, calfs and hamstrings. 


EXERCISE ONE

LEG EXTENSION - 4 SETS - 15 REPS

 
The only ever present exercise when I've done legs and thats because it's such a great exercise. When I last did on day 15, I did 2 sets of 30. Today I went slightly heavier but did the same amount of reps. When I say heavier, I was still concentrating on endurance and wasn't nearly as heavy as if I was bulking.











EXERCISE TWO

DUMBBELL SQUATS - 4 SETS - 20 REPS


Inspired by the rapid squats on day 15, I used the same method but with free weights opposed to the EZ bar. 20 thorough, all the way down but quick squats with no break until all 20 reps are done. The first time i've done squats with free weights in a long time but it was refreshingly good - try it out.

A debutant exercise in the 33 day cut.










EXERCISE THREE

EZ BAR LUNGES - 3 SETS - 20 REPS

 
I haven't done any lunges since day 8 and in that session, I used no weight but did 4 sets of 35-40 reps. Today I wanted to add a bit of weight and try and achieve 20 reps for each set. A good exercise where I always look to step forward and down fast, hold it for two seconds and then come up slowly.











EXERCISE FOUR

OLYMPIC BAR BACK SQUATS - 3 SETS - 15 REPS

Generally speaking, when I'm squatting heavy, I don't go all the way down - it can cause serious injury to your joints. Because I haven't done proper back squats in a while, I decided to do them today. Only a small bit of weight compared to what I'd normally do, but again, perfect form going down over 4 seconds and exploding up. Give this method a go, if this doesn't get your quads burning, I don't know what will!


EXERCISE FIVE

LEG PRESS CALF RAISES - 3 SETS - 20 REPS

 
Another exercise that I haven't done since day 8. Simply jump on the leg press machine and bring your feet down so they're hanging over the edge, add a little bit of weight and replicate the motion of going up on your tip toes. I like to hold it for 2 seconds when I'm up and come back down slowly.










THE CARDIO

I promised that I'd up my cardio game since having more or less 2 cheat days earlier in the week. Having done 60 minutes today and then another intense session on the legs, it was a real struggle today. I spoke earlier on in the program that on some days, you feel like Forest Gump did the day he decided to go for a 'run' and on others you feel like you're treading through treacle. Well today, it was a treacle day. Given that, I was still happy to get out 40 minutes getting the 1km per 16 min pace on the cross trainer. I will do atleast the same tomorrow or more - only 8 sessions left!


THE DIET

The Fitness Cereal
Meal 1
  • 2 Boiled Eggs (no Yolks)
  • 1 Small Bowl Fitness cereal
Meal 2
  • 15 Cashew Nuts
  • 1 Banana
  • 1 Apple
  • 2 Boiled Eggs (no Yolks)
  • 1 Tin of tuna
  • 2 Rice cakes
Meal 2
Meal 3
  • 5 Chicken Skewers
  • 100g Broccoli
  • Small salad
  • Hummus
  • 50g Rice
Meal 4 
  • 200g White Fish
  • 100g Rice
  • 100g Veg


FINAL THOUGHTS


W3 D3. DAY 17 OVERALL

W1 D3. DAY 3 OVERALL

A solid leg session and I can confirm it is due to the pain in my backside! I would have really like to have got 60 minutes cardio done but its not the end of the world, 40 minutes is still better than usual and 650 calories done. Almost into the last weeks worth of sessions as we approach the mid-point of week 4. Almost there everybody, keep going!
W2 D3. DAY 10 OVERALL


W4 D3. DAY 24 OVERALL


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

INSTAGRAM FEED

Popular Posts

Twitter Updates