DAY 23 - SHOULDA WOULDA COULDA

DAY 23 - 6th JULY 2015

TRAINING - SHOULDERS & CARDIO

WEIGHTS DURATION: 54mins                    CARDIO DURATION: 60mins

Thank god for that, I am finally feeling a little more human today and although it was yesterdays pun; I'm back in the game! A little apprehensive going into todays session after 1 and a half cheat days before, but I've managed to dig deep and give myself motivation to go harder after going over board with the diet.

A really tough shoulder session and a PB on the cross trainer meant this session was really really good. The day started with 20 mins on the ab plate again in an attempt to try and get them back to what they looked like in day 19 & 20. Having had 1 and a half cheat days, its amazing to see how much it has effected the abs!




THE WORKOUT

Generally speaking, I like to do my shoulders in two different ways; a pressing session and then the session were you look at doing all other things shoulders. Because on day 17 I concentrated just on pressing, today was the session where we did everything else to work the shoulders. Let me tell you now, I HATE this session with a passion! It burns, I cant lift my arms after it and its pretty much just not enjoyable, at least for me its not.

I am only going to do 4/5 exercises, but I plan on doing a lot of sets for each exercise. The picture used above is pretty much how my face looked the whole session; Agony!


EXERCISE ONE

FRONT SHOULDER RAISES - 9 SETS - 10-20 REPS

An Absolute burner of an exercise that looks to develop the front part of the shoulder muscle. I played around alot with the reps/weight. Keep the up/down motion consistently slow both ways.

Set 1 - 20 reps 8kg each arm    Set 2 - 10 reps 12kg each arm    Set 3 - 10 reps 16kg each arm   Set 4 - 15 reps 16kg each arm

Set 5 - 10 reps 20kg each arm    Set 6 - 10 reps 20kg each arm    Set 7 - 10 reps 20kg each arm   Set 8 - 16 reps 20kg each arm

Set 9 - THE DROP SET - 1st 1/2 - 12 reps 25kg each arm. 2nd 1/2 - 10 reps 14kg each arm.




EXERCISE TWO

SHOULDER FLIES - 8 SETS - 10-20 REPS

In the same way that I played around with weight/reps on the front shoulder raises, I thought I'd do the same with the shoulder flies. Look to control the up/down motion the whole way, nice and slow. Remember that this one starts from the hips and comes directly up. If you're having to start from the middle, its probably too heavy. Unfortunately, I didn't have the strength or stamina to do a drop set on the 9th. A bend in the arm is fine.

Set 1 - 20 reps 8kg each arm    Set 2 - 20 reps 10kg each arm    Set 3 - 15 reps 16kg each arm   Set 4 - 20 reps 12kg each arm

Set 5 - 16 reps 15kg each arm    Set 6 - 10 reps 12kg each arm    Set 7 - 10 reps 14kg each arm   Set 8 - 10 reps 12kg each arm



EXERCISE THREE

SHOULDER PRESS MACHINE - 4 SETS - 6-15 REPS

 
Well, after only these two exercises, my shoulders felt well and truly f***ed. I wanted to do a little bit of pushing as I didn't feel I could do anything else. I focused on doing heavier than what I would normally do and looked to change the weight and reps again.











EXERCISE FOUR

OUTER GRIP OLYMPIC BAR SHRUGGS - 5 SETS -15 REPS


 
The facials in the picture on the right do make me chuckle. I really need to work on them! Normally when I do shruggs, I will do a more narrow grip but by holding the bar wider you look to work the trap more towards the shoulder opposed to the neck. 5 sets of the same weight is all I did.











EXERCISE FIVE

INNER GRIP OLYMPIC BAR SHRUGGS - 3 SETS -15 REPS


Just to finish, 3 sets, slightly heavier than the wider grip ones we have just done using the narrow grip to work the inner trap. Full extension both ways and look to hold the bar for 1-2 seconds at the top.






THE CARDIO

Lets have it right, I owed it to you and myself to get in a solid hour today. I was really happy to get a PB over the hour on the cross trainer. I'm looking to up my game cardio wise in the last 9 sessions to try and get as cut as possible; good start in that respect.


THE DIET

After two fairly shoddy days, I needed to have a good day today which I think I've been able to have. I took a bit of a step back and looked at how much I am actually eating, which is not always the wrong thing, but I seem to be eating A LOT. Today I've tried to eat a bit less and to be fair, I don't feel hungry when writing this at 11pm. I think my biggest problem, amongst having two cheat days, is the habit of actually eating. I love just to have the odd apple or small handful of fruit and nuts, but its not doing me many favours. I guess they're not the worst thing in the world to eat, but I still think I could do without it.

Meal 1

  • 1 Bowl of Fitness Cereal
  • 1 Protein Shake
Meal 2
  • 1 Tin of Tuna
  • 1/2 a chicken
  • 4 scrambled eggs, 1 yolk
  • 2 Rice cakes
Meal 3
  • 1 Very Large Lamb Chop
  • 1 Carrot
  • 25g Sweet Potato Mash


FINAL THOUGHTS

Well after todays session is done, I only have 9 left so its a good thing that I managed to get in a good session. I won't be rushing back to do that shoulder session again, it was really painful but I'm sure the results will be worth it. Very happy to get in a PB on the cross trainer after two shit days of eating. And with a new PB in place, its only there to be broken!

Good night!


W3 D2 - DAY 16 OVERALL


W1 D2 - DAY 2 OVERALL


W2 D2 - DAY 9 OVERALL



W4 D2 - DAY 23 OVERALL


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

INSTAGRAM FEED

Popular Posts

Twitter Updates