DAY 30 - JUST AB-OUT DONE

DAY 30 - 13th JULY 2015

TRAINING - ABS & CARDIO

WEIGHTS DURATION: 64mins                    CARDIO DURATION: 50mins

A workout that I call the century ab workout. The reason it's called that is because I'm going to attempt do do 100 reps over 4 sets of any exercise I do. Maybe a bit much, but I want my abs to be as prominent as they can for when I fly home on thursday. I literally cannot wait to be back, so much so that I'm kind of finding it hard to be motivated for the last few sessions. Doesn't really make much sense as I've been working so hard to be in the best shape I can be in for when I do get back, but all I can think about is getting on that plane and being reunited with my family.

I got 15 minutes in on the ab plate pre-workout; I didn't want to over do it ahead of a mammoth ab workout.





THE WORKOUT

The century challenge is something I read about not too long about and I'll be honest with you, I don't necessarily think its the best way to work out but christ I think it sounds cool. The thing I found most frustrating about this was how bloody long it took to get one exercise done. Give it a go by all means, but not the most effective for me. 

Today I'll be doing my abs like any other workout; one exercise at a time opposed to trying to do circuits or a tri-set.

EXERCISE ONE

LEG DIPS - 4 SETS - 25 REPS

 
Starting with an exercise I've done quite alot in the guide. Probably my favourite exercise to develop the very lower abs and lower part of the groin lines, also referred to as the 'dick trench' by my girlfriend. Which quite frankly, is hilarious.

Always look to try and keep the legs as straight as possible and explode up when your legs are at the top to give the upper abs a bit of work to do aswell.


EXERCISE TWO

CABLE SIDE PULLS - 4 SETS - 25 REPS EACH SIDE

 

An exercise that I stole from day 13. Variations can be done with holding a weight plate in either hand and bob from side to side as can be found on day 18's workout. But today I felt this would be the best exercise to give all things to the side of me a good workout; concentrating on the lower side of the abs, love handles and obliques. I actually felt the lats working a little which is always welcome. 









EXERCISE THREE

SUSPENDED SIDE LEG RAISES - 4 SETS - 25 REPS EACH SIDE

An exercise stolen from day 18 and because my abs were still killing from the leg dips on exercise one, I thought I'd get in another exercise that looks to develop the sides. Where as the cable side pulls will primarily look to work the obliques, this will look at either the love handles or the groin lines, depending how you do it. I find that if you lean back almost like a '/' then you will give the groin lines a workout, if you concentrate on being more like '\' then when you bring your legs up you'll work the love handle area.



EXERCISE FOUR

SIT UPS - 4 SETS - 25 REPS

 
Now that my abs had had a bit of a break, it was time to get the classic situp in. I looked to change up the tempo, 5 slow, 5 fast, 10 slow, 10 fast and then 5 slow. When I came up I would always try and do a final crunch just to work the abs as much as possible. I also tried to keep the abs as tight as possible when doing the exercise which gave a good burn.












EXERCISE FIVE

WEIGHTED SIDE UPS - 4 SETS - 25 REPS

 
I was aching so much by this point I literally had to be holding the obliques to get me through this exercise; I must have done something right. The exercise I find most beneficial for the obliques but its certainly not an easy one. As always, no need to do it with added weight if you feel it working well enough already.











THE CARDIO
Although it says 50 minutes at the top, it technically was but 20 minutes of it was spent walking. I have no idea what is wrong with it, but my right hamstring is causing me a world of pain. I knew I had to do some sort of cardio so pre-weights I did the walk just to try and loosen off and then struggled to get in 30 minutes post session. Hey ho, its done now and another 500 calories burnt.

Cross trainer post sesison
The ambling walk pre-weights

THE DIET


Meal 1
  • 1 very small bowl of fitness cereal
  • 3 Boiled eggs no yolks
Meal 2
  • 2 Rice cakes
  • 1 Tin of Tuna
  • 15 Almonds
Meal 3
  • 5 Chicken Skewers
  • 50g broccoli
  • 50g Rice
Meal 4
  • 250g White fish
  • 50g Broccoli

FINAL THOUGHTS


W3 D2 - DAY 16 OVERALL


W1 D2 - DAY 2 OVERALL
The end is so so so close now and I can confirm that I'm very ready for a break. My hamstring is very sore, but I'm glad I managed to get the cardio in - I can bitch and moan about the pain when I'm on holiday! I enjoyed doing abs in the usual format I follow in the gym; do x amount of sets of one exercise opposed to how I've done them the last few times; circuit method/tri-sets. One to remember for the future.

30 down, 2 to go!

LATAZZZZ


W2 D2 - DAY 9 OVERALL





W5 D2 - DAY 30 OVERALL
W4 D2 - DAY 23 OVERALL


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

INSTAGRAM FEED

Popular Posts

Twitter Updates