DAY 19 - TRI-ING MY CHEST

DAY 19 - 2nd JULY 2015

TRAINING - CHEST & CARDIO

WEIGHTS DURATION: 71mins                    CARDIO DURATION: 32mins

Round and round we go and luckily for me, I find myself at yet another Chest session which is good. As I said in yesterdays post, I'm really happy with how the progress is going; the body is certainly an odd thing. I felt like I was plateauing at the end of week 2 but then all of a sudden another batch of results have come steaming in which has motivated me further as I look to finish the last week and 5 days as strong as possible.

I got 20 minutes in on the ab plate whilst watching the England Lionesses get knocked out of the Woman's World Cup at the hands of the Japanese. Unlucky Girls, if only the mens team could replicate the same heroics!




THE WORKOUT

Time for Chest session number 4 and shifting our attention back onto incline. I finished by doing two different exercises on the triceps as I haven't done much on my arms in the last week.

EXERCISE ONE

INCLINE BENCH OLYMPIC BAR PRESS  - 10 SETS (3 WARMUP SETS) - 8-15 REPS

I was concentrating on trying to make sure that I was bringing the bar down slow and to the very top of my chest. Just a different way of doing it and therefore concentrating on a different particular part of the muscle.

Set 1-3 - 40kg - 15 Reps
Set 4 60kg - 12 reps
Set 5 70kg - 8 reps
Set 6 80kg - 8 reps
Set 7 60kg - 15 reps
Set 8 1000kg - 8 reps
Set 9 90kg - 8 reps
Set 10 80kg - 10 reps

I used the 'yo-yo' technique which was a new one but felt good. Basically, work your weight up and reps down and then repeat/build back up.

EXERCISE TWO

SUPERSET; 'EASY' CABLE PRESS & FLAT BENCH DUMBBELL PRESS - 3 SETS

Complete exercise and then to complete one set.


EXERCISE A - 'EASY' CABLE PRESS - 20 REPS

Easy by name, but not by nature. Titled how it is because of the motion of the hands. A new exercise to the regime and works in a similar way to flies but looks to work the top of the chest as you come from low to high.














EXERCISE B - FLAT BENCH DUMBBELL PRESS - 20 REPS

 A good exercise to compliment the 'Easy' press. I went much lighter than I usually would today and looked to come down slow and explode up for all 20 reps. I'm not sure what it was, but it felt like it was working a treat!



EXERCISE THREE

DIPS - 3 SETS - REP UNTIL FAIL THEN REPEAT

 Although a universally liked exercise, I haven't done it until todays chest session. A great exercise to get the very outer part of the chest and also works the triceps tremendously hard. The way that I did it today was to see how many I could do in set 1 and then tray and get atleast the same in set 2 & 3.




EXERCISE FOUR

SUPERSET; INCLINE FLIES & AB MACHINE MILITARY PRESS - 3 SETS

Complete exercise and then to complete one set.


EXERCISE A - INCLINE FLIES - 20 REPS




The other aspect that should always be worked into a chest session. Having done the majority of my fly exercises on cables, I resorted back to doing them on the bench. 












EXERCISE B - AB MACHINE MILITARY PRESS - 20 REPS


Using the Ab machine, keep your back locked in the same position and simply push the handles away from you. This is designed to develop with middle part of the chest. If you don't have a machine like this, check out the other chest workouts to see a suitable military alternative.










EXERCISE FIVE

TRIANGLE HANDS TRICEP PULLDOWN - 5 SETS - 15 REPS

Normally when I do tricep pull down's, I use the rope. But in order to give the under side of the tricep a more thorough workout I change the handle over to the one in the pictures. I found that I could do heavier on this than what I would normally do with a rope, so get that weight up and give it a go.











EXERCISE SIX

DOUBLE HAND KICKBACKS - 3 SETS - 20 REPS

 
Whilst this is another exercise that is globally appreciated, it makes its debut appearance in the 33 day cut today. I would normally do it one hand at a time, but I was running out of time and therefore decided to go double handed. For me, its not an exercise that you need to go heavy on - I like getting the form right and it will again look to workout the inner side of the tricep.










THE CARDIO

Not quite as intense as yesterdays marathon, but I managed to get back on the cross trainer and maintained my usual pace of a 16min km. Another day, another 500 calories burnt!


THE DIET


Meal 1
Meal 
  • Small bowl of fitness cereal
  • 4 Scrambled eggs (1 Yolk)
  • 1 Apple
  • 2 Rice Cakes
  • 50g Chicken Breast
  • 1 Protein Shake
Meal 2
  • 150g Chicken Breast
  • 100g Rice
  • 15 Almonds
  • 1 Apple
Meal 3
  • 5 Chicken Skewers
  • 100g Veg
  • Hummus
  • Salad

Meal 4
  • 1/2 a Chicken
  • 100g Veg
FINAL THOUGHTS

Another solid chest session as we head into the latter stage of week 3. The end is in sight and I'm feeling great, a bit tired here and there but fatigue is going to accumulate working every day and gunning it in the gym. As I said earlier, the visuals are motivating me to keep going and hopefully theres even more to come. Slightly annoyed that I don't have a decline bench to work that side of the chest, but not the end of the world.

Back in tomorrow for a bit of biceps, abs and cardio.

Do you have any exercises you can recommend without using a decline bench that replicate the same as a decline exercise?  Whats your favourite exercises to concentrate on the inner tricep?

Toodle-oo


W1 D5. DAY 5 OVERALL
W3 D5. DAY 19 OVERALL
W2 D5. DAY 12 OVERALL






0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

INSTAGRAM FEED

Popular Posts

Twitter Updates