DAY 25 - AN IM-PEC-CABLE SESSION

DAY 25 - 8th JULY 2015

TRAINING - CHEST & CARDIO

WEIGHTS DURATION: 74mins                    CARDIO DURATION: 60mins

Fortunately, it's that time again; chest day and the end is so near I can almost taste it. After todays session, the real countdown starts with only 7 sessions left. Remember when you were in primary school and you were waiting to finish on the last day before summer holidays and it almost seemed like time was going backwards? Well, that is what I have now!

20 minutes on the ab plate smashed out and after not doing it yesterday, its certainly felt very sore indeed. This was accompanied by Top Gear US... Never again.



THE WORKOUT

Alot of research went in to this session today. I felt that the very top of my chest wasn't developing in the same way the rest of my chest was. It is natural for the sides and lower parts to grow faster, but I wanted to find a couple of exercises that directly looked into trying to help that little part of the chest.

EXERCISE ONE

NARROW GRIP FLAT BENCH - 6 SETS - 10-15 REPS

Generally speaking, when benching I will line my index finger up with the marker. For todays purposes, I brought my hands closer to eachother and lined up little finger up with the line.

Same technique as usual, but notice how far up the bar is when I come down - look to try and bring the bar all the way down to touch the bottom of the neck/very top of the chest.

Set 1-4 I did 15 reps, and then 5-6 I put the weight up and did 10. Note that you wont be able to do as heavy as you normally would on a normal benching day.


EXERCISE TWO

HIGH CABLE FLIES - 4 SETS - 20 REPS


Another new exercise, bring the cables much higher than the usual middle flies. I found that when the exercise got tough, I would put my head down a bit and start doing and up to down motion. This is not what we want to achieve. Stand up as straight as you can and keep that head up, looking to keep the fly motion as high as you can.










EXERCISE THREE

PULLOVERS - 3 SETS - 20 REPS

 
Another exercise I haven't done yet in this program. It does have a big crossover with lats and you'll give them a good workout in the process. I mixed up the tempo; 10 fast, 10 slow. Look to tighten the chest at all points to work it out as much as possible.













EXERCISE FOUR

NARROW HAND PUSH UPS - 3 SETS - 10-20 REPS

 
The pushup exercise to work the middle of the chest. When doing pushups, the wider your hands, the wider part it'll work on the chest. So because our hands are narrow, it'll look to primarily work the middle of the chest. 

I mixed up the tempo;

Set 1 - 15 reps normal pace
Set 2 - 20 reps fast pace
Set 3 - 10 reps very slow pace







EXERCISE FIVE

CABLE DIPS - 4 SETS - 20 REPS

 
An exercise that I seem to do alot on chest but I felt it would work well in this session as again, it concentrates on the middle part of the chest. Same as always; keep your elbows tucked in and squeeze the chest as tight as possible when coming down and in.














THE CARDIO

I said yesterday that I'm really looking to try and up the cardio as we are into the last stages of the cut so I'm happy to say that I managed to get 60 minutes out today. Where as yesterday was a real struggle after a decent leg session, todays first 46 minutes were a stroll in the park; a decent pace and I felt great. Then all of a sudden, it hit me like a brick wall and thought I was going to pass out by the end of it! Hey ho, another 1000 calories burned!


THE DIET


Meal 1

  • 1 Boiled Egg (no Yolk)
  • 1 Bowl Fitness cereal
  • 1 Apple
  • 1 Coffee
Meal 2
  • 1 Tin of Tuna
  • 2 Boiled Eggs
  • 1 Apple
  • 10 Almonds
Meal 3
  • 4 Chicken Skewers
  • Large Salad
  • Hummus
Meal 4
  • 200g Fillet steak
  • Veg


FINAL THOUGHTS

I'm really happy that were into the last week of training before I head home. I'm also happy that I managed to do a chest session concentrating on the middle to upper chest and writing this about 3 hours post session, I can already feel the muscles aching. Back in tomorrow to do some arms, dead lifts and more cardio.

Tschüss!



W1 D4. DAY 4 OVERALL
W3 D4. DAY 18 OVERALL

W2 D4. DAY 11 OVERALL

W4 D4. DAY 25 OVERALL


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

INSTAGRAM FEED

Popular Posts

Twitter Updates