DAY 12 - IT'S OFFICIAL, ARM BACK!

DAY 12 - 25th JUNE 2015

TRAINING - ARMS, BACK & CARDIO

WEIGHTS DURATION: 55mins                    CARDIO DURATION: 60mins

It bloody happened AGAIN yesterday, didn't it?! Went out with the mrs for dinner, and on the walk home... There it was... The Haagen Dazs house. This craving for ice cream is literally killing me! Whilst it wasn't half a tub this time and only one scoop (I promise) I can officially announce that I'm back. In amidst of all of this, I think I had to let the pendulum swing so far one way in order to come steaming back in. 45 mins on the ab plate followed by an hour of cardio and a great session focused mainly on biceps all combined with a really clean eating day could have this down as a contender for 'best day so far'. But my gosh was it needed.


THE WORKOUT


Now when doing arms, I normally do both biceps and triceps together. Only today, I concentrated 90% on biceps and did a tiny bit on triceps purely to give the biceps a break. I didn't do any lower back yesterday so I wanted to try and get the deadlifts in. In doing this, I actually quite enjoyed doing an exercise on the muscle I worked the day before - it was a real looser for the rest of the back.

Like I said, my morning started with 45 minutes on the ab plate which I finally have a picture of for you!

Underwhelming, right?
I probably would have gone on for an hour on the plate had it not been for the fact that the only thing on TV was one of the later 'Step-up' spin offs which had me dying of cringe. And let me tell you, I'm the king of cringe.. See?




EXERCISE ONE

DEAD-LIFT - 5 SETS 15-20 REPS





Like I have said before, I struggle with lower back problems so I didn't want to do it yesterday after a hard shoulder and back session. So, I figured I would do this classic exercise to get started even thought I had no plans to do anything else on my back. If you find yourself struggling with the form, look to keep your head up - I find this makes sure my back stays as straight as possible.

Unlike I normally do, I took the weight up each time and on the fifth set only managed to get 15 reps out.







EXERCISE TWO

SUPERSET; OLYMPIC BAR FULL CURLS & TRICEP ROPE PULLDOWN - 5 SETS

Complete exercise and then to complete one set.

EXERCISE A - OLYMPIC BAR FULL CURLS - 5-15 REPS
 Whilst on Day 6 when I last trained my arms, I did this exercise but only did half curls. Today was the real deal doing five sets with decent form. You'll know when you get too heavy as you'll start compensating by swinging your back to get the bar up. I looked to add a fair bit of weight to every set, starting out fairly light.

SET 1 - 15 REPS     SET 2 - 15 REPS    SET 3 - 10 REPS    SET 4 - 10 REPS    SET 5 - 5 REPS



EXERCISE B - TRICEP ROPE PULLDOWN - 20 REPS

 




My favourite tricep exercise which I will pretty much always do when doing my arms. I know this goes against what I say, but there are also different ways of varying how you do one exercise. You can concentrate on adding weight every set, or staying at the same but go lighter and try and achieve more reps - every exercise will work in a different way.









EXERCISE THREE

BICEP DUMBBELL CURL - 3 SETS 10 REPS EACH SIDE

Notice the small twist in the arm as I come up; it stats with my hand naturally by my side twisting round as I come up. Nice to mix up the variation of light/heavy.



 EXERCISE FOUR

EZ CABLES MID-HAND CURL - 3 SETS - 10 REPS


Again another exercise that concentrates on the bicep. Just another exercise to keep the burn going. Look to bring the bar up parallel with your nose to finish one rep. I was concentrating hard to doing this exercise at a fairly slow pace to again try and work the bicep in a different way.




 EXERCISE FIVE

CONCENTRATION CURLS - 4 SETS - 10 REPS




An extremely hard exercise to finish up on when the biceps fill with so much blood making them feel so pumped. Look to keep the elbow in the same place situated on the thigh and look to crunch the weight in as far to your jaw as you can go.











THE CARDIO

Yes. Yes. And yes again. Really happy with how todays cardio session went - I have a lot to believe that cardio is all psychological anyway. I knew from the second that ice cream had passed my lips yesterday that I was going to be doing an hours worth of intense cardio and when I got on the machine, it was a joy. I felt really good for it and hopefully will steer me back on the track I was hitting at the start of this week. Onwards and upwards!

Every cross-trainer is different but on these Cybex ones, I know that a steady pace is working at around .06 of a km in 1 minute, a good pace would be doing 1km in under 16 mins. So if you break that down:

8mins 0.5km
4mins 0.25km
2mins 0.13ish km
1 min 0.063 km


Give it a go and let me know how far you can get in 16 mins!

THE DIET


Its becoming apparent that this part of it all is where I'll either make or break. The last two days, quite frankly have been shit. So I can only apologise and try harder to eat cleaner. So here goes, today was a good day and I'm writing this before sleeping feeling great about it! A little hungry mind you, but great!

Meal 1
  • 1 Large Bowl Fitness Cereal
  • 3 Boiled eggs (no yolks)

Meal 2

  • 1 Protein Shake
  • 2 Boiled eggs (1 yolk)
  • 1 Tin of tuna
  • 10 Almonds
  • 1 Apple
Meal 3
  • 5 Chicken Skewers
  • Large Salad
Meal 4
  • 200g White fish
  • 100g Veg
  • 1 Mixed berries pot





I DID IT! A FULL 24 HOURS OF NO ICE CREAM!!!

FINAL THOUGHTS

Good to get every in order and straight again to try and carry on over the next 20 or so days. The first back on the band wagon is always the hardest, or so they say. I really enjoyed going those dead lifts and really made my back feel a lot looser after yesterdays session, perhaps something to explore. Ill call it, 'the recovery exercise'. Genius.

Do you do arms biceps and triceps together? Do you ever do 'the recovery exercise'?,

I want to know.

For now, bon nuit!


WEEK 2 - DAY 5. DAY 12 OVERALL.
WEEK 1 - DAY 5. DAY 5 OVERALL.











0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

INSTAGRAM FEED

Popular Posts

Twitter Updates