DAY 29 - THE LAST CHESTAMENT

DAY 29 - 12th JULY 2015

TRAINING - CHEST, ABS & CARDIO

WEIGHTS DURATION: 78mins                    CARDIO DURATION: 31mins

A bit of a sad day really, the last chest session of the program. Best to go out with a big one then I guess. In the last few sessions I generally concentrated on specific areas of the chest using either incline or decline and a different range of exercises/methods. Today I want to try and combine all the best exercises together and finish strongly. 

After a few days absent, I managed to get back on the ab plate this morning and did 25 minutes to give the abs a bit of a workout again. 





THE WORKOUT

With only a few sessions left, I want to do as much abs as I can so I'll be trying to integrate one ab exercise to do in between every set of a chest exercise I do. Today I did the weighted ab machine. As I said before, I'm looking to give the whole chest a good workout and did so with the following exercises.

THE IN BETWEEN SETS EXERCISE

WEIGHTED AB MACHINE - 20 SETS - 20 REPS

 
A machine I've used consistently over the last 29 days. Because I knew I was doing a lot of reps; 400 in total, I decided to do a fairly low weight. By the end of it my abs were in absolute pieces so hopefully it will bring the pack out as much as possible.













EXERCISE ONE

CHEST PRESS MACHINE - 4 SETS - 20 REPS

 

From one exercise that I've done alot in the weighted ab machine, to one I haven't used nearly as much. Both benches in my gym were occupied so I thought i'd use this machine to get warmed up properly.

First two sets I went very light and did 20 reps, the next 2 I went up to a more normal weight to really start the session again doing 20 reps.








EXERCISE TWO

SUPERSET; INCLINE DUMBBELL PRESS & FLAT CABLE FLIES - 5 SETS

Complete exercise and then to complete one set.


EXERCISE A - INCLINE DUMBBELL PRESS - 15-20 REPS

Now i'm sure that at some point in the last 29 days I've done incline bench press but I can't seem to find the last time I did it. Same as always, 20 strong reps in a nice controlled fashion; not too slow, not too fast. Sets 1-4 I did 25kg each hand repping out 20 and then went up to 35kg each hand and managed to get 15 reps done.


EXERCISE B - FLAT CABLE FLIES - 20 REPS

 
Again, an exercise that I haven't done in a long time; theres been plenty of different variations of flies but I haven't used the standard flat cable fly in a while. I did a weight slightly lower than I normally would given that it was a superset and I looked to do the exercise slowly making the outer chest burn like mad.












EXERCISE THREE

OLYMPIC BAR FLAT BENCH PRESS - 4 SETS - 6-15 REPS

 
I did the narrow grip version of this on day 25 but was looking to bring the bar down as close to the top of the chest as I could. Today I used the normal grip and played around with the weight/reps.

Set 1 - 60kg - 15 reps
Set 2 - 80kg - 10 reps
Set 3 - 100kg - 6 reps
Set 4 - 100kg - 6 reps






EXERCISE FOUR

UP TO DOWN CABLE FLIES - 3 SETS - 20 REPS



Another variation of the fly; compared to the one we did earlier on in the session, this was considerably heavier, doing 1 set less but managing to maintain the same amount of reps. This variation is great for the outer and upper part of the chest.












EXERCISE FIVE

FLAT MILITARY PLATE PRESS - 3 SETS - 15 REPS

 
An exercise that brilliant to develop the middle part of the chest. You can do this exercise with a free weight but I find it more beneficial with the plates because I feel the core working in order to keep the plates together which can be a bit tricky when you're nearing the end of the set and fatigue starts creeping in.












EXERCISE SIX

INCLINE MILITARY FLIES - 3 SETS - 20 REPS



An exercise I stole from day 14's workout. Another one that looks at developing the middle of the chest and with coming down and a little wider, you also look to work the outer part of the chest, hence calling it a military fly.

Look to keep your arms and weights as narrow as possible, I like to use my shoulders as a marker to where you should bring the weight down to.








THE CARDIO

After feeling amazing for doing sprints, remind me to never do them again. To be fair, I struggle with my shins and giving them that much of a beating yesterday on the treadmill has not helped them in any way shape or form, hence why the majority of my cardio is all on either the cross-trainer or bike. With that taken into consideration, I got back on the treadmill and managed to secure a fast pace getting 2k in under 32 mins, meaning I averaged a 5:22 kilometre.


THE DIET

Yesterday I wrote about the need to cut sugars in this final stage to try and get back as ripped as possible, that was going brilliantly until I went out for a big, posh buffet dinner at the St. Regis hotel and they had unlimited deserts. To be fair, I think I did well to only have 5 marshmallows! However, that isn't cutting sugars. So today I'll have to be a bit more strict and tell my sweet tooth to f**k off.


Meal 1
Meal 1
  • 4 Scrambled eggs (1 Yolk)
  • 150g Chicken
  • 2 Rice Cakes
Meal 2
  • 1 Tin of Tuna
  • 3 Boiled Eggs
  • 10 Almonds
  • 2 Rice Cakes
Meal 2
Meal 3

  • 4 Chicken skewers
  • Hummus
  • 1 Small Salad
Meal 4

  • 100g Chicken Breast
  • 100g Rice
  • 50g Brocolli
  • 100g White fish
FINAL THOUGHTS

To be honest, I can't believe that were almost there! A great chest session to bow out to although I probably should have done more cardio. I do feel that I managed to give all areas of the chest a good workout which was my aim before training. Abs and cardio tomorrow!

29 down, 3 to go!

See ya later Alligator
W1 D1 -  DAY 1 OVERALL



W3 D1 - DAY 15 OVERALL

W2 D1 - DAY 8 OVERALL





W5 D1 - DAY 29 OVERALL
W4  D1 - DAY 22 OVERALL






0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

INSTAGRAM FEED

Popular Posts

Twitter Updates