DAY 15 - THE LEGEND GOES ON

DAY 15 - 28th JUNE 2015

TRAINING - LEGS & CARDIO

WEIGHTS DURATION: 32mins                    CARDIO DURATION: 30mins

After going back through previous posts, I noticed that before yesterday, after my last two chest sessions has been when I cheated on the diet. Well, I am very happy to announce that I didn't cheat last night! On the contrary, I only had time for a shorter session today - I trained an hour earlier than I usually do as I had a lunch meeting at midday. 

I spoke in yesterdays blog about having some kind of mini target to set myself in the coming week and I think I may have found a solution. I'm going to try and cut all water retention ahead of a photo shoot that I'll do on friday. I've never done anything like this before so I'm not sure how it will go. But my plan will be:

Monday - 10 litres of water, no carbs, 800g chicken over 5 meals
Tuesday - 7 litres of water, no carbs, 800g chicken over 5 meals
Wednesday - 5 litres of water, no carbs, 800g chicken over 5 meals
Thursday - 1.5 litres of water, big carb load with protein
Friday - Photoshoot

Its not set in stone as I'm not even sure if I want to try it. I might try tomorrow and if it doesn't work out then Ill sack it.



THE WORKOUT

By far the shortest workout I've done during this program and I have to say, just because it was short doesn't mean it wasn't hard. It was a very intense, short burst of a session which was in some way refreshing - it's different to what I'm used to and whilst I got a good workout in, it almost feels like I've had a day off. For anyone who hasn't trained like this before, I recommend at least trying it. As I said when posting about the last session - I really don't want my legs to be any bigger so I am not training heavy.

Generally speaking I'm not one to record my rest time, but with a short session on the cards and still looking for a hard session, I only gave myself 1 minute rest in between sets.

Pre workout I managed to do 30 minutes on the ab plate. 

EXERCISE ONE

QUICK FIRE BACK SQUATS  - 5 SETS - 30 REPS




Using just the EZ bar, I added a small bit of weight although you don't have to and did 30 squats, concentrating on perfect form and having no break when up or down. Think of it as one long constant movement for the duration of 30 reps.









EXERCISE TWO

HAMSTRING CABLE EXTENSION - 5 SETS - 15 REPS EACH LEG




An exercise that I did on day 2 in my first leg session looking to work out on the hamstrings. In that session I did 3 sets of 15, slightly heavier than what I did today but as I said before, today was about endurance and a rapid workout. 











EXERCISE THREE

LEG EXTENSION - 2 SETS - 30 REPS

 
Again another exercise stolen from my first leg session of the program. Again, this time I looked to do more reps and give the quads a burn opposed to more sets/less reps. 















THE CARDIO

I normally do my cardio post weights but today I did it before. It was extremely relaxed and more of a warmup opposed to actual cardio. I did want to do another 20 minute cycle post weights but just didn't have time. Just as well Ive done a lot of cardio in the last 3 days. 

I split it into two exercises; a 10 minute ambling walk and 10 minutes slightly more strenuous cycle.


 











THE DIET

With fridays potential mini target set, I have to prep my diet to make sure my water retention cut is as effective as possible. I'll look to up my carb intake with rice today and I also had sufficient carbs yesterday meaning that tomorrow is 0 carbs and just chicken. The task seems a little daunting but hey, I can give it a go. I think if it does work then friday will be the most ripped day I have. Perhaps more thought should go into this?


 Meal 1
  • 4 Boiled eggs (1 yolk)
  • 100g Chicken
  • 200g Rice
  • 2 Cups of Coffee
  • 1 Apple
Meal 2
  • 1 Protein Shake
  • 100g Chicken
  • 3 Grilled Mini Peppers
  • 50g Grilled Asparagus
Meal 3
  • 200g Rice
  • 100g Chicken
  • 1 Apple
Meal 4
  • 4 Chicken Skewers
  • Large Greek Salad
Meal 5
  • 5 Beef skewers
  • Hummus
  • 4 Caronas
FINAL THOUGHTS

In the time its written me to write this post, I seem to have psychologically put myself off the thought of this water retention cut and photo shoot on friday. I'm already putting in a lot of effort, I'm not sure if I need an additional challenge?

A really quick but effective session today. Yes I would have like to have done longer but it simply wasn't an option.

Ill get back to you on the water retention cut...

Ta ta for now.
W3 - D1. DAY 15 OVERALL
W1 - D1. DAY 1 OVERALL

W2 - D1. DAY 8 OVERALL




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

INSTAGRAM FEED

Popular Posts

Twitter Updates