DAY 13 - HARD CORE

DAY 13 - 26th JUNE 2015

TRAINING - CORE, ABS & CARDIO

WEIGHTS DURATION: 50mins                    CARDIO DURATION: 40mins

It occurred to me that whenever I have done abs, it has either been used as a rest day or my session after a hangover in week 1. Well, I figured that in working everything else pretty hard I should do a proper session on my abs maintaining the same intensity I would do in any other workout and simply work on all things abs related. I'm trying to take the best from having two dodgy diet days and I actually think its working - yesterday was an incredibly clean day both diet and weights wise and today has followed suit so far.

Today once again started on the ab plate. I managed to do 40 minutes whilst watching John Tucker Must Die.. Don't Judge.





THE WORKOUT

Like I said, I feel that I'm yet to do a proper ab workout despite doing abs most mornings on the ab plate. I feel that they haven't made as much progress as they did do in the first week, hence doing them today. Its also important to do them so that your core strength is decent. Instead of doing my normal ab circuits, I'm going to do todays session in the same way I would any other muscle group. Generally speaking, I try to constantly tense my abs when working an exercise on them - I find it works them better.

EXERCISE ONE

SUPER-SET; LEG DIPS & CABLE SIDE PULLS - 3 SETS

Following the simple format of a 'super set', complete exercise A, followed by B to complete 1 set.

EXERCISE A - LEG DIPS - 25 REPS







Starting off with lower abs. I did this exercise the first time I did an ab workout in this regime. Remember to try and keep your legs as straight as possible to get as much as you can from the exercise.


EXERCISE B - CABLE SIDE PULLS - 20 REPS EACH SIDE







An exercise that I haven't done since blogging but one thats very effective. It looks to work on your muscle above the legs/either side at the bottom of the abs. It also gives the old love handles a good workout which is more than welcome in my world!








EXERCISE TWO

SUPER-SET; WEIGHTED SIDE UPS & OBLIQUE MOUNTAIN CLIMBS - 3 SETS

Following the simple format of a 'super set', complete exercise A, followed by B to complete 1 set.

EXERCISE A - WEIGHTED SIDE UPS - 20 REPS EACH SIDE







An exercise that I did in the first abs session we did but not the last one. Like I said in that post; this exercise works out on all things side of you; obliques, love handles, the finer muscles joining up the abs and the obliques. I found that the more you lean back the more it will work on the back side of you where as if you crunch forward it will focus more on the obliques.










EXERCISE B - OBLIQUE MOUNTAIN CLIMBS - 25 REPS EACH LEG

Again, an exercise we haven't done yet. One of those exercises that the more you put into it, the more you get out. I know that some people like to try and do it very fast, but I think that as long as your form is good then its just as beneficial. Look to bring that leg up and round as far as you can.


EXERCISE THREE


SUPER-SET; OBLIQUE SIT-UPS & PLANKS - 3 SETS

Following the simple format of a 'super set', complete exercise A, followed by B to complete 1 set.

EXERCISE A - OBLIQUE SIT-UPS - 15 REPS EACH SIDE








A great one for the obliques. Whilst there is a small bit of having to do a sit up, I look to concentrate on making sure the knee and elbow come as close together as possible to get a decent rep out.


EXERCISE B - PLANKS - 1 MINUTE


This exercise will work your overall core. Feel free to change the duration of this, whatever you feel working but I was shaking like a scared lamb in the last 10 seconds of all three sets. Look to try and keep the shape that you start with; a nice straight incline in the body. If you are really struggling, look to bring your bum up ever so slightly.





EXERCISE FOUR


SUPER-SET; LOWER BACK SIDE RAISES & SIDE-TO-SIDES - 3 SETS

Following the simple format of a 'super set', complete exercise A, followed by B to complete 1 set.

EXERCISE A - LOWER BACK SIDE RAISES - 10 REPS EACH SIDE

Whilst I am getting more lean, I still have a problem with my love handles. I find that when cutting that is the very last thing to come off so I wanted to try and stimulate the muscles around them to try and quicken up the process of them effing off. You can either do 10 reps to one side, break and then do another 10 on the other side, or you can do them as shown in the pics below. Why not try out both and see what works best for you?




EXERCISE B - SIDE-TO-SIDES - 25 TOUCHES EACH SIDE

Similarly to the Oblique Mountain Climbs, this exercise you'll get back what you put in. Look to concentrate on your form fully extending to try and touch as far down on the foot as you can. I also like to have a slight bend upwards in my spine so the abs are constantly tensed.





THE CARDIO

I was genuinely proud of my 60 mins high, high intensity yesterday on the cross trainer. Well, today it was the same, but I didn't set myself quite as high a goal. I said yesterday that I think its all in the head when doing cardio - yesterday I KNEW I was going to do an hour. Today I was undecided whether I was going to do 20, 30 or 40 minutes. I think that because of this, it made the first 10 minutes incredibly hard and I was very close to sacking it off all together.

 Still a solid 40 minutes and longer than what I normally do. I aimed to do .06km a minute and I managed to beat that by about 50 seconds or so. 



THE DIET


Meal 1
Meal 2
  • 5 scrambled eggs (2 yolks)
  • 50g Chicken Breast
  • 2 rice cakes, one with organic peanut butter
  • 1 Apple
  • 1 Coffee
Meal 2
  • 150g Chicken Breast
  • 10 Almonds
  • 1 Apple



FINAL THOUGHTS

When writing this (just after Meal 2) its been another very good day and I'm determined to keep it that way until the end. After cleaning up the diet in the last couple of days, I genuinely feel a bit tighter and leaner. Good to get in the abs session, although I would have like to do more core work. Back to feeling good again and ready for tomorrows session!

Do you work abs on their own? Any tips/exercises to get rid of the love handles?


Adiós


WEEK 2  - DAY 6. DAY 13 OVERALL.
WEEK 1 - DAY 6. DAY 6 OVERALL





0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

INSTAGRAM FEED

Popular Posts

Twitter Updates