DAY 22 - BACK IN THE GAME

DAY 22 - 5th JULY 2015

TRAINING - BACK

WEIGHTS DURATION: 45mins                    CARDIO DURATION: 0mins

Well, I say back in the game. But I guess thats a bit of a lie. Its been my first day off after that horrific, marathon stint at work and to be honest, I'm really still not feeling great at all. The thought of not going to the gym 2 days in a row makes me feel even worse though, hence why I dragged myself down there to do a bit of a back session. 

I managed to get 20 minutes in on the ab plate before I went to the gym, if you look at week 3's progress pics its amazing to se that I almost lost abs overnight by not training, being sick and eating rubbish. The worst thing about cheat days are unless I go completely mad, I always want to carry on for another day.

I reluctantly did 20 minutes on the ab plate this morning which made me feel rubbish.





THE WORKOUT

I didn't feel like it was the best idea in the world to get right back on the horse at full throttle. I was due a back session so I wanted to get it out the way. I wanted to try and trick myself into thinking I didn't do too much and I did this by doing only a few exercises but just as many sets as I would do on a normal day.

EXERCISE ONE

WIDE GRIP PULL-UPS - 4 SETS - 5 REPS



Probably not the best day to try and test myself, but I was disappointed to only get another 5 reps out. I really need to try and up my game and do more when I next do this classic exercise.

As always, don't stop yourself at 5 reps, do as many as you can, but try and keep it consistent over all 4 sets.







EXERCISE TWO

CABLE LAT PULL DOWN - 10 SETS - 15 REPS




Can you tell I wasn't in the mood to do too much?! Cracking on with another classic; the last time I did this, I did 4 sets of 15 reps but with my hands facing inwards. This time I was looking to up the endurance and have my hands in the original style, facing straight. 








EXERCISE THREE

BENT OVER ROPE LAT PULL - 4 SETS - 15 REPS

 
My favourite gym exercise. In the last back session I did 3 sets of 20, so today I went a bit heavier and took the reps down slightly. Remember that we're always looking to mix it up.














EXERCISE FOUR

BENT OVER DUMBBELL ROW - 3 SETS 15 REPS

An exercise that we haven't done since day 7. Similar to a one arm row but using both hands at the same time works the lats/back in a different way. Look to open out more and pull back more than you would when doing a one arm row and look to come more central when starting the rep.




EXERCISE FIVE

LOWER BACK RAISES - 3 SETS 15 REPS

After a very lat intensive session, I wanted to finish off with a lower back exercise. As I said before, I have problems with my lower back so I tend not to do too much on it, feel free to add a weight if you want to. 


THE CARDIO

Like I said at the top, I really didn't want to over do it and get back into it too soon not feeling 100%. I know that I had a cheat day yesterday but I'd rather skip cardio today and look to up it for the last 10 sessions than do some today and for it to cause a relapse in the diet and cheat again today.


THE DIET

Meal 1
  • 4 Boiled eggs (no Yolks)
  • 1 Coffee
  • 10 Almonds
Meal 2
  • 1/2 a chicken
  • 100g broccoli
Meal 3
  • 1 Small tub of Hagen Dazs
  • 2 Slices of toast with Organic Peanut Butter & Nutella
  • 1 Nature Valley Organic bar
  • 1 Hot Cocoa 
Meal 4
  • 1 Chicken Madras
  • 1 Garlic Naan Bread
  • 50g Pilau Rice
  • 100g Bombay Potato

FINAL THOUGHTS

Ohh what a shame. It was all going so well as I was breaking myself back into it after cheating yesterday. But unfortunately, I bottled it again and had a feast of naughties. However, I do think that I've managed to get out all the demons and I'm looking forward to getting back to it tomorrow with a big shoulders and cardio session to try and make up for todays and yesterdays mishaps.

So long!


W3 - D1. DAY 15 OVERALL

W1 - D1. DAY 1 OVERALL


W2 - D1. DAY 8 OVERALL



W4 - D1. DAY 22 OVERALL



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

INSTAGRAM FEED

Popular Posts

Twitter Updates